When we were still sinners, living a godless life, completely undeserving of his perfect sinless Son as a sacrifice for our sins, God sent His only son to redeem us by the blood of the lamb, Jesus Christ. By way of a manger, dying a death on the cross, we have been given the best gift, Eternal Life.
I couldn’t think of a better Christmas gift this season. As we reflect on our own lives and the lives of so many women that Scarlet Hope has had the privilege to serve this year, we see over and over God rescuing and restoring women right where they are at, in the mess of each of our lives. We are so very thankful he chooses to use us and it is only by his grace that we are saved and able to share the gospel of Christ with others.
There wouldn’t be enough time in the day for me to share with you all that God is doing in this ministry. We consider ourselves unworthy of the amazing blessings that he has given to us, but we will enjoy each one as God gives them and we will try and use them to the best of our abilities. Below is a list of just a few of the things God is doing.
- This past month we have had dozens of women calling and asking for help, several women have put their faith in Jesus Christ and are attending church and bible studies with our team. Women are seeking new employment daily and we are growing in our resources to help them.
- Over 70 families signed up for Christmas gifts this year- thank you Southeast Christian & so many other families for serving our ministry in this way. We were able to take over 1000 presents & food baskets to women and children that we serve. We were able to talk with them in their homes, hotels or clubs and share the Love of Christ with them. (Stories in a blog to come).
- God has moved on the heart of club owners. It is likely we will be holding a bible study IN a strip club at the beginning of the year. God has opened that door and the owner, who has been what he calls “burned” by the church will be attending as well. Pray over this as we seek the Lord’s will in this possibility.
- We were invited to another owners home and we shared in getting to know her more and God is moving on her heart more than ever, this owner wouldn’t even let us say the name Jesus when we first went to her club and now she stands by the door of her office and we pray each week in a circle with her. Praise Jesus!
- Ex-Dancer L and K who both shared their testimonies at our Gala this year are doing amazing. God has provided steady jobs for each of them; and one of them was selected out of 45 people in her training class to stay full time in her job! God is so good.
- Our resource home is looking so wonderful. By the help of so many people, rooms are renovated, our offices are up and running and the rooms are adopted out. We had our first room completed a couple of weeks ago. A few more to go! The residence kitchen – God blessed us with a huge donation of someone adopting that and doing not only the construction of the kitchen but the purchase of all the cabinets and appliances! It’s unbelievable how amazing God’s plans are.
- God has brought to SH four new staff persons. We will introduce Emily W. as our administrative assistant in January, Andrew M as our Kitchen Coordinator in March, Julie W. as our live-in discipleship coordinator and Jennifer B. has been graciously serving with SH part time for the past few months. God has been so good to us!
God, thank you so much for providing for each and every single need we have – BEFORE we even know we need it!
We are so thankful for each of you who pray, support, donate, serve for this ministry~ It truly takes the whole body of Christ to reach the ends of the earth!
Please pray for this Thursdays outreach as we will be passing out gifts and having Christmas dinner meal for all of the clubs we serve in Louisville. It will be such a special time and we are praying that God moves in great ways!
We wish you a very Merry Christmas as you remember the graciousness of the Lord. We are thankful for you,